Wednesday 16 September 2015

Make Money While Traveling – Yes, It’s Possible!



Many of you said you were interested in becoming location independent and learning how to make money while traveling after reading my recent post Are You Interested In Traveling The World And Working At The Same Time?

Being location independent can be a great thing, but for most you do have to earn a living somehow so that you can support yourself. Many cannot just travel for months or years at a time without making any money.

Don’t worry though, there are plenty of ways for anyone to make money while traveling.

Don’t let this factor that may seem big hold you back from living your dream.

Also, while some of you may think this is just a thing of dreams, I am here to tell you that it is real! I am location independent and I know many others who are as well.

Below are several different ways to make money while traveling. If you want to learn how to make money while traveling then continue reading below!


1. Run a website.

This is what I do so that I can make money while traveling so, of course, I had to include this one first. Like I always say, I never realized I would be earning as much income online as I do now. Everyone has to start somewhere so do not feel like it’s not a possibility for you.

No, blogging is not a way to get rich quickly, but it can be a way to make side money or even a full-time income if you put enough hard work and time towards it.

With blogging, you can make money through advertising, affiliate marketing, sponsorships, reviews, partnerships, e-courses, ebooks, and more. You can read all about how I earn a living online in my monthly online business income reports, where I describe how I make over $25,000 online each month.

You can create your own blog here with my easy-to-use tutorial. You can start your blog for as low as $3.49 per month plus you get a free domain if you sign-up through my tutorial.

2. Find a job in the places you are visiting.

There are many instances in which you may decide to stay in a city for longer than just a vacation. Whatever your reason may be, there are many things you could do in order to earn a living.

If you want to know how to make money while traveling, you could try one of the options below:

Bartend or work at a restaurant.
Work at a hotel, motel, campground, or hostel.
Help out on a farm.
Work on a cruise ship or yacht.
Tutor.
Au Pair.
Teach English.


3. Freelance write or become a virtual assistant.

Freelance writing and virtual assisting are some of the very first things I did in order to make money at home online and they’re services I still provide today.

Freelance writing can be a fun way to make money online. Plus, you can usually freelance write from anywhere in the world (some positions ask you to be in-house, but the majority that I see allow you to be location independent).

Another online job somewhat similar to freelance writing is virtual assisting. I know many freelance writers who provide this service as well. A virtual assistant helps a business run more smoothly. You can be contracted for one project (such as collecting specific data for research) or it can be a continuing job such as replying to e-mails.

One company I recommend for virtual assistant work is UserTesting. This website pays you to test websites and they pay fairly well.

4. Sell products.

Another possibility to make money while traveling is to sell products both online and offline.

I’ve heard of some who sell items they collect while traveling, those who create crafts to sell at local craft fairs, and so on. If you decide you would rather sell items online, you could sell your products online such as on eBay, Etsy, Craigslist, and countless others.

5. Earn passive income.

For us, this is something we are working very hard towards because it would allow us to enjoy life even more.

Earning passive income while traveling may be one of your best options as well. This way you won’t feel tied down to work and can truly enjoy every place you are visiting.

Passive income options include dividend income, rental real estate, affiliate marketing, and more.

6. Housesit.

Housesitting usually means you’re working for free, but sometimes you do get paid. If you aren’t getting paid, it’s a free place to stay and you may stay in some very nice homes as well.

This can be a great way to make money while traveling or at least a way to cut your travel costs.

7. Work remotely.

I know someone who traveled for around one year and still kept their day job. Yes, I understand that most employers cannot/will not be this flexible, but there is a chance that yours may be fine with this option.

If you have a job which may allow you to work remotely, you may want to think about popping this question. If you plan on traveling anyway then what’s the worst that could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment